Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Week 15: Reflections

This semester, I am most excited by what I have learned about the history and culture of India. My obsession with the Mahabharata (and one character in particular, haha) have provided me a link to the India of old and of the present that I never would have felt without this class. I feel that I have a better understanding of the values inherent in Indian culture and the amazing worth of their traditions. Through learning about the ancient characters that they hold dear, I can make connections to more modern figures who have already and continue today to shape India and its people. 

As far as the blogging aspect of the class, I have had a lot of fun reconnecting with my creative writing roots and flexing a part of my brain that has been severely under-appreciated throughout my college years. I've learned a lot about what it means to blog, as well -- from the technology to the design to the content -- especially from seeing the amazing art many of my peers have made of their blogs! I have very much enjoyed gaining a glimpse into a random selection of OU students' lives and getting to know some of them on a deeper level through repeated visits to their posts and comments.

1 comment:

  1. Kayla, did you get the emails I sent you earlier this week? You need to let me know if you want to enroll in this class in the Fall so that you can finish the work that you started this semester, making up the weeks you missed out on so that you will be able to successfully complete the class in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete