Friday, May 6, 2016

Week 15: Famous Last Words

This week I finished up my portfolio! I did some small revisions to each of my stories and made sure that the portfolio index was clear and easy to navigate. 
I am so grateful that this class has introduced me to one of my new all-time favorite literary characters. I definitely plan to keep looking into the character of Amba, in all her various forms, to discover more about her portrayal across different sources.

I also finished up several of my other classes. I will never attend another flute studio class, which was a very bittersweet realization; studio has been a bit of an oasis in the dessert of music school, and my professor is a truly lovely human who can make any terrible day better. I love my colleagues in the studio and am so grateful for their friendship -- I wish I didn't have to leave them! However, I'm excited to see the direction that the studio is heading in and I know that we are only going to continue to improve.

We also had our last concert with El Sistema! As always, concerts are stressful, exhausting, hectic, but SO WORTH IT. Every single ensemble played brilliantly -- by far the best all year. We also got to feature several performances from smaller chamber ensembles and I know that those students will cherish that opportunity to display their skills on a more individual basis forever. We even had a guest STUDENT conductor on one of the pieces. Next week, we will have a recital featuring all of the works my students have been composing this semester! I can't wait for their hard work to to validated during this experience. Some of my students have found a real love for expressing themselves through original compositions and I am so excited to see them grow and develop as musicians and as people with important things to contribute to our world! I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful organization. 



No comments:

Post a Comment