Friday, January 22, 2016

Storybook Favorites

Storybook 1: The Four Elements
I love so much about the way this storybook was structured. The topic is so detailed, specific, and interesting; I think choosing two different but connected aspects to explore (elements, stories of birth or death) made the different stories seem that much more related. The introduction thoroughly explained the topic, but I wish the author had taken just a line or two to explain the way they presented their stories -- mostly because they are so creative! The poems were great beautifully written, and the underlying story of thier "discovery" is such a cool, unique idea. Finally, the illustrations, all chosen from the same artist, were yet another facet tying each story together.

River, Geninne, Website: Geninne's Art Blog


Storybook 2: Horses Divine
My favorite thing about this storybook is that its author clearly picked a topic about which she feels very passionately. I think her genuine interest in the connection of the stories made her take on each personal. In addition, the layout of this storybook was my favorite, with the links at the top and the author's note separated by a line. The way the author outlines each story in her introduction did an excellent job of piquing my interest; before even finishing the introduction, I stopped to read one of the stories because of its intriguing plot description!


Storybook 3: The Mothers of the Epics
This storybook incorporated its concept into the introduction, which I thought was a really creative way to set the scene and connect each story beyond their topics. I love that the author used a character to welcome the reader and explain the storybook from her unique perspective. Additionally, I like that the author chose to compile stories about a non-traditional, but definitely underrated hero! I also thought that the minimalist layout and design of the blog not only matched the subject matter, but let the stories speak for themselves in a refreshing way.

No comments:

Post a Comment