Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 7: Review

I chose this video from Friday, March 4's post because I was so impressed by the musical talent it shows! The two singers have incredible voices, the clarinetist is great, and whoever arranged this mash-up has some seriously impressive theoretical skills -- it is NOT easy to get to very different musical systems (like, different versions of scales, right notes vs. wrong notes, etc) to sound so consonant together. Very cool!

Today's Video: Chaiyya Chaiyya Mash-Up. It's Bollywood-meets-Michael Jackson, featuring the amazing Shankar Tucker on clarinet.


And of course the shout-out to the opera below this segment made me happy. I hope some of you were able to come out and see it!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you liked that video, Kayla! I learned about it because I am a huge fan of the clarinetist, Shankar Tucker. Here is one of my favorites where he is again blending traditions in a very amazing way: Guru Brahma

    ReplyDelete