Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 13 Learn by HEART Challenge: Buddhist Teachings on Happiness

This week I read an article that shares 10 lessons Buddhist philosophy has to teach us about happiness. I usually do empathy growth mindset, but as the end of the semester nears, and I've gotten more in touch with my (hilariously abysmal) emotional health these past few weeks, I thought this might be more relevant to my current needs.
I've always been very interested in Buddhism; I've been a vegetarian for 9 years, and always a big believer in pacifism and peace, so a lot about this philosophy appeals to me. I thought this article did a great job summing of some of the major points of Buddhism in small, easily understandable and applicable bits of wisdom.
In particular, I felt drawn to points 2 (I often have to remind myself that my worth as a human is not determined by my GPA), 6 (I am often bogged down by negative emotions), and 7 (stressing about the future won't help me in the present!).




No comments:

Post a Comment